What do you think about this Brochure that I created?

This is the link to the Company Brochure: Dropbox - Brochure.pdf - Simplify your life

Note: I used Concourse Font of different styles like small-caps and etc. I decided to use the company name as this font. The company is service based company which provides supply chain services to the clients. I came up with content and kept on refining it. I read somewhere that Typography + Substance = great content.

I enjoyed creating this brochure, never before I had such a joy creating documents. I read the Practical Typography, and because of it, it was pleasant experience. It very easy to format documents, and I learned which style gives which mood and many more. Can you give your opinion?

ok… Visual?

• it is intended for paper brochure.
  • the reason here that you explained is opposite of what I think. At first I thought that why to put page numbers, and eventually due to fear of white space (typewriter habit according to MB) I thought to put numbers. But then I thought that page numbers are for long books, so why not go with different approach say Roman numerals. Same reason goes to putting “Services” into footer.
  • this is the biggest difficulty I had. The biggest problem for me was, how to differentiate Heading, Sub-heading, and body text so that it’s very easy and clear to understand. Especially with sub-heading I had a lot of problem. First I thought whether I should use only one-letter capitalize words, then after reading MB Practical typography, I came across a Résumé, where he has used small-caps, brilliantly, of small size so I thought why not use it. I had same problem with the Heading too (I’m not sure yet it is perfect or not). Then I came to know that all-caps should be letter spaced, so I chose 5% for all-caps words.

Now your design has significantly improved the visual context of heading and sub heading, but I’m not sure about body text. The reason I chose 16pt body text was because when I wrote all the content, I thought the white space was correct because maybe it gave a feeling of, its difficult to describe, of something good. One small thing I noticed in your design is that the space between heading and subheading have increased. In my case, I reduced it and the reason I thought was that the sub heading should visually say that it’s a sub heading of this heading. anyway thank you, you have showed many bright ideas.

If you see that this is a plain, black and white brochure, no color. I wasn’t sure how and what to create beautifully with color, then I thought about an advice from MB that if you make sure the typography and substance is correct, everything else takes care of itself. And what do you think about content?

I agree with the “Services” in the footer. It’s not needed. I thought it was cool. I also agree with page numbers. I’ll change it later on.

I think you are write about clients shouldn’t have to struggle to see/read text. I had shown this to my Mom and I noticed she had difficulty reading it, and she neglected to read further.

You are correct about light on details. It was intentionally done because I didn’t want to reveal trade secrets. Some clients are cunning and they try to rip us off.

hahaha…I agree. I too had some gut feeling that it might be awkward. Your’s is a good start.

Ah! this never crossed my mind.

Thanks but this was unconscious. hahaha.

ok. Noted.

You do? I would like to! you have website or etc?

Ohhhh I see… you have been a professor. what do you do now days?